Field Support Lead, Solar Roof
The Field Support Lead, Solar Roof will be part of Tesla’s Energy Field Operations team, responsible for completing residential re-roofs and Solar Roof installations. This is an exciting and one-of-a-kind role in scaling to market our newest Solar Roof product, while enabling our mission to accelerate sustainable energy generation. This person will work collaboratively with the crews to complete high-quality jobs on time and ensure safety of all team members and oneself. The ideal candidate should demonstrate enthusiasm for Tesla’s mission and a steadfast commitment to customer service.
- Work cooperatively with crews on residential Solar Roof installations. Field Based role
- Ensure all teams working with you have correct material for a successful job completion.
- Escalate issues and employment issues regarding job site specific
- Document job specific details and use these to help improve product across all departments
- Help pilot new installation methods and material with the crew
- Maintain a Tesla standard for all crews to have a clean jobsite to
- Deliver exceptional customer experience at each installation you are working on
- Attend new hire training as well as ongoing training sessions and weekly team meetings on new products, installation methodology and safety.
- Work on residential Solar PV Installation jobs as needed:
- Layout and assist in the assembly of solar modules / array, mounting hardware, and electrical equipment.
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC).
- Basic Computer skills (Outlook Email, Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Strong Knowledge of product
- Work with internal and third party installer installing Solar Roof
- Must have a minimum of 2 to 5 years roofing experience and or construction knowledge or experience; including metal, concrete tile, clay tile, comp, shingle, or wood shake.
- Ability to work in challenging environments (hot sun, cold, wind, tight spaces, etc.).
- Capable of standing for long stretches of time and working at heights (on rooftops, climb ladders and stairs).
- Ability to safely handle tools and materials commonly found in construction and solar industries, such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including but not limited to peers and customers.
- Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business need. Employees must be able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, several times a year, to various locations within the US.
- Valid Driver’s License as worker will need to be at multiple sites a day
- Ability to work alone when needed
- Regular, reliable and predictable performance required.
- Strong focus on customer service and Job Quality
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Renewables & Environment