Senior Construction Project Manager
Trane Technologies in our Southern Pacific Region is hiring a Senior Construction Project Manager. This critical member of our team can be based out of our Phoenix or Tucson, AZ, Reno, NV, Albuquerque, NM or our El Paso, TX offices, and will travel to job sites throughout the region. As a Senior Construction Project Manager, you will all be responsible for the administration, implementation and management of multiple large-scale, complex Commercial HVAC and Comprehensive Solutions construction projects. You are accountable for assigned projects’ scope of work, schedule and budget.
- Manage Projects with Sell price greater than $1M for Controls: greater than $2M for Turnkey or PACT (Performance Contracting/Comprehensive Solutions) where Trane is Prime Contractor.
- Project may exceed 1 year, having high strategic value and a high degree of customer interface during project duration.
- Required to manage lower level Project Managers, Multiple technologies, vendors and subcontractors, including general construction outside of Trane's core competency.
- Responsible for knowledge of and adherence to contract penalty clauses and/or liquidated damages.
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Examines and reviews contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Meets with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Supports the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposal.
- Establishes an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope; Responsible for maintaining the project budget to forecasted values.
- Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Oversees the following: preparation of Trane material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials and approving payments.
- Prepares sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receives and qualifies subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- May generate technician work orders and prioritize tasks including change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Project cash-flow oversight: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Establishes professional relationship and communicates with field support staff and customers and their representatives. Interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
- Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
- Travel to customer job sites is required, which may include outdoor work and/or work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the site visits, the employee may be exposed to variable weather conditions; moving mechanical parts; heights, and other variable environmental conditions based on location.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of 5 years of experience or nine years of experience in the construction Industry or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and knowledge in using Project Management Tools (CPM, PERT, Gantt Charts) is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Primavera Expedition and P3/Suretrak required.
- Familiarity with financially guaranteed contracts, the operation of energy management systems, HVAC systems, temperature controls, and process control systems is preferred.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Some travel with occasional overnight stays required.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.